Thursday 19 April 2018

Links For A Day Doing Everything But Sewing!

Or more nicely phrased...a day off from the Sewing Room.

Yesterday morning, with the snow gently falling just like in January, I was so lazy I sat the morning away.  Surfed on the internet and went deep into the quilting blogs of the Netherlands where one beautiful quilt after another enticed me onwards. And where I learned atelier means studio.

 New to Me
Then I explored a  completely new to me thing, looking at wigs online.  Yes,wigs and I learned so much...they are usually named a female name which is kind of cute, and sadly, you can't get real human hair wigs in greys or whites because they don't dye it at all.  They all look really really good in the youtube videos.  I'm thinking if I got one, it would just be so fake, so wiggy.
 But I am tempted...imagine having great hair just by giving your head a shake!

This is Patti who is very popular in the wig wearing world....I have no idea if beachy waves are still a thing or not.  But who knew you can style synthetic wigs.

 I asked hubby what did he think of me wearing a wig; I wondered if it would bother him to have a wig wearing wife.  He said he thought it a good idea...it could keep my head warm, especially in the winter so I wouldn't need a hat.  Such a practical man.

I'm only thinking of wigs because of this higher forehead of mine.  Really at some point, I will be half bald up there.  I recently bought this product to help texturize my hair...Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray...if you look it up, link is here, yes I did pay that exorbitant price for it too. Sadly I don't like the smell which stays with you for a while.  I haven't given it a real test yet because of having to keep wearing my wool hats but so far, it is definitely making my hair look thicker.
ON this lazy day, the only thing that stirred me from the chair was making more coffee and Rex and Murphy pleading to me with those little squealing sounds they make to take them for a walk.  I just can't say no when they start doing that.

Ventured out but didn't go far...just filled the bird feeder (the squirrels have broken the anti-squirrel one so it's in Hubby's workroom for repairs) which had heavy usage during the last couple of days, including a couple of deer.
The freezing rain had left a coating of ice over everything just like last February's storm. We kept breaking through a layer of icy snow and I worried the dogs might cut their paws.

Can you see the icy shine?

I came back and sat right down again and started on this....Do you do jigsaws online?  I do but usually just to fill a couple of minutes here and there. Jigsaw Explorer is a good site to try. 

But I was cleverly listening to my audiobook at the same time, technically reading (or not).  Which made me realize I mostly listen to books these days. Have I become too lazy to read?
This one is keeping my attention...interesting and well written. Readers Digest List of 17 Best Sites for Free Audio Books
                                         
I did look up border ideas for the snowball quilt and made some links in Evernote about them.  I have enough material to do Flying Geese.  What do you think?
Border ideas for quilts
And Susan Carlson's way of making artsy collage quilts.  I have an abiding interest in them but feel if I tried it, it would turn out a hot mess.  Now LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color excels at this sort of thing.


and watched this too
A bird actually doing more sewing than I did that day!
How do Thursdays come around so fast! Time to link up with Not Afraid of Color  and happy Thursday musings.




No comments :