Thursday 4 January 2018

Signed Up For a BOM and January Pics

I love living where there are four seasons but perhaps that is because it is all I've ever known.  Though I love the sun in summer I always had to guard my skin so that took some of the fun out of it.

So now it is January in Ontario in Canada which means the full winter season upon us.
 And I have to say the Farmers Almanac may have been right when it said we were in for a hard winter.  The deep cold alternating with snowfalls has started earlier...(but perhaps that means it will leave us earlier too!).
 But happily we know a thing or two about dressing for the weather...wrapping ourselves in wool and fleece and wearing our down vests around the house. I marvel at how warm a log house is with no attic and a metal roof.

Snow on evergreens does make for nice views from inside the house!



Baking is something I love to do.  Both of the dogs love it too.



What is better on a frosty day than a "warm straight from the oven" blueberry muffin!



Caught sight of this little guy at the back of the house and managed just one shot of him through the screened bedroom window.  There are heating vents back there so maybe that's why he seemed content sitting there.  I see rabbit tracks all over so I know many are around.



New to Me


My moose night light...bought in Newfoundland last summer and totally at home in our wooden house.


Have you signed up for any BOM's??

I have signed up for the Sarah Fielke 2018 Block of the Month project.  Though I like to challenge myself with trying new things, I am a bit nervous about this, specifically the patchwork piecing bits.  But I've chosen The Grasshopper pattern which Sarah promises is mostly hand work and she is providing video tutorials along the way.

Hubby's cough is still there and we are at that point of trying to decide if it warrants a doctor's visit or not.  Luckily we don't have to go to Emergency at the hospital where there are so many sick you worry you are exposing yourself to more germs; we can go to a same day appointment clinic in the town which is convenient.  Yes, so thankful for our health care here (but only think about it when we need it!)

Hope you are ailment free and okay with being back to normal after the holidays....whatever your normal is.
 Also as is normal, linking this post to LeeAnna's Not Afraid of Color.

No comments :