Sunday 22 January 2017

Eating, Reading, Stitching


This about sums up Life around here lately.


I tried to find a picture like this with sewing and couldn't; add eating and you will have my steady trio of activities lately.  Eating, Reading, Stitching

I can't even say I've been outside much; the freezing rain and constant drizzle has put an end to that.  I'm scared of falling and I creep from the car to wherever I'm going.
And speaking of having cleats on your boots. (Yes, we talk about them a lot, sad and nerdly). I recently heard the story of a woman who wore these boots that have the cleats attached; she was walking indoors to her office, caught in the elevator doorway and almost had a very bad fall.  File that under you just can't win.

I've been reading lots and can't complain about the great run of books I've read since the early fall.  These were read back in December and I enjoyed all three.  Muriel Stark's Aiding and Abetting,   Sourland by the most prolific writer, Joyce Carol Oates and My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout ( of Olive Kitteridge fame).  If I've shown you these before, I apologize.


Read this one in a few hours this weekend.  The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena.  Kind of like The Girl on the Train.  If it weren't January in Canada, this would make a great beach book.



Here is the trailer for the movie so you can totally get the plot. (Spoiler alert)




My Circles are now a flimsy.  I have to finish the house block in the center and make a decision about how to quilt it.


Here is the dessert I made recently.  Fresh Fruit Ambrosia but in my case the blueberries were the only fresh fruit; I used frozen peaches, pears and pineapple for the rest of the fruit.  This is a favourite summer dessert of mine, but it sure hit the spot last weekend.


This is a combining items kind of dessert rather than a cooking one.
 Here's what got mixed together:

I whipped 3/4 cup fresh cream with a tablespoon of sugar till stiff, while still mixing I added 1/2 cup sour cream.  I added 2 cups of miniature marhsmallows, 1 cup shredded coconut, a small bottle of cherries, a handful of pecans, and the fruit.  This needed a big bowl because I used a lot of fruit, about 3 cups. I chilled it for a couple of hours in the fridge. I added the blueberries just before serving.  It was very tasty and we had enough for a couple of nights.  The photo was taken the second night and the cream mixture was starting to lose its lovely loftiness but still tasted great.

Hope your Monday is going great.






No comments :