Tuesday 1 November 2016

What's In My Makeup Case (and Yes I Do Have One)

There was a time that spanned many decades when I had no need of a makeup case because all I had in the line of makeup could fit into my pocket.  That would have been a tube of lip conditioner of one kind or another.  In fact, I was one of those people who thought I was addicted to the stuff.  I still have them stowed around the house, in the car, or in my purse.
When I was diagnosed with vitiligo and mild rosacea, I got a little more interested in my skin and taking care of it.  Now I always wear a skin moisturizer with at least 30 spf all year round.  Also, living with Hubby, who has had two bouts of skin cancer, has definitely made me pay more attention to skin protection.

This is the annual Best Beauty Buys InStyle magazine offers every year.  Though I don't take any of the claims seriously, I always have a little look especially at the skin care products.  Now with Sephora here in Canada, we can buy a wider range of products.


I mentioned always wearing a moisturizer.  My skin feels dry without it but it is hard to find one that does not make my rosacea symptoms worse.  This L'Oreal Age Perfect daily moisturizer works well for me.  It does not make my skin break out though I am careful about not putting it all over my nose.




I also have dark circles under my eyes which I didn't notice as much when I wore glasses all the time.  Nowadays I use something to lighten dark circles and this is one of the best I've found, and I have tried quite a few.  Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer available at Sephora goes on smoothly and does a good job of lightening.
It's the priciest concealer I've ever bought but I think it's worth it.



I've only just started using this particular pore concealer.  I don't use this daily but for special occasions.  It feels silky going on your face and makes your skin feel wonderfully smooth.


As I've mentioned, finding products that don't make my rosacea flare up is not easy to do.  This one by CoverGirl is called Clean Sensitive Skin liquid foundation.  I'm not big on using foundation but this one is very light and I can vouch that it does not irritate, at least not my skin.


This is my favourite blush,  When not inordinately rosy, my face is very pale.  I've learned to use a little blush to help it look alive.  This powder blush by Clarins is just the right tint for me... called Raspberry Genuine.  I used to try saving it and only used some now and then.  Now I figure what the heck, use it up.  I love the red and silver container and look forward to reusing it later on.  


I've learned that my face also looks brighter with a little lipstick.  I now wear it on most outings.  I have a couple that I rotate. I have found I can't wear the ones that are matte or too orange red.  Daughter says it is Taylor Swift we women can thank for bringing back very red lipsticks.
I don't know about that, but I do like a colour that is noticeable.  


The silver tube is Clinique Raspberry Glace and the L'Oreal tube is Rambling Rose.  This is my second tube of the Clinique colour and this one is almost done so I must like it a lot.

I am a late bloomer in many things even to beauty products.  I have surprised myself by how much I enjoy a few of these items to brighten my public face.

What about you?  Anything super interesting in your makeup case?

2 comments :

Rose said...

No, nothing interesting in mine...I wear sunscreen. I have had three skin cancers removed from my face. I worked for almost 20 years at an apple orchard and we had strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and other stuff for a while. I was out in all types of weather...most days were in the sun and stupid me I did not wear sunscreen.

I do use a Neutrogena concealor....and that is the sunscreen I use. But have been having a horrible time with acne...but think that is from all the stress.

I love lipstick on other women but feel like a clown when I put any on so I never have worn it. Other than to try it on.

My daughter got me Bare Minerals make-up a few years ago and I really loved it. Did not even know I had it own...but still did not wear it often.

Anna gomes said...

best makeup case