Monday 19 September 2016

A Goal, Crocheting Plastic, Hens and Chicks

I'm learning from some of the best stitchers over at Floss Tube on Youtube.  Some of them have a monthly action plan with a yearly goal. Goals are good, I'm thinking.  So far in my stitching world, I have been flying by the seat of my pants more or less, with not too much thought to finishes, except to show you all. I have learned what a serial starter is and realized I am not one, well maybe a small s one.

That being said, I do have a goal, a big one for this year.  I want to get my projects framed.  I know you've heard me say this before but this time I mean it.  I now have lots and lots of wall space to hang a lot of items.  And a large  inventory of finished pieces...


Cost be what it will....

You can tell my pleasure really is in the doing...

Do you have a plastic bag stash?
 I have one despite trying really hard not to grow one.
This little video appeared on Youtube and I love the idea of using up plastic bags for something good.
I was surprised to learn how many plastic bags you need to make a sleeping mat.
But what a great idea and I'm sure there are lots of other things that can be done with them as well. Kudos to these ladies who are volunteering their time and talents to a worthwhile cause and putting hundreds of plastic bags to good use.

 
Did you get a good view of the harvest moon?  This is one taken of it over the Rideau showing our Canadian Parliament Buildings there on the right.


Image result for photos of harvest moon ottawa ontario

Back down to earth,
In my back yard

Someone planted Hens and Chicks around each of the basement window wells.  They are doing fine in these mostly shaded areas though not as large as I have had them grow previously.  Nevertheless, this is a care-free plant I love and it was on my list to add to the garden.


Some of these are very tiny; didn't know they could be so little.



Here a few have bolted into Hosta territory.  ( I was thinking hostile territory as I typed that; but who knows, maybe this area is hostile to little Hens and Chicks.)


I'm typing this out on my backyard deck; it's just cool enough to need a sweater so the season is changing.  Not a Monday goes by without me thinking of the work world.
Hope your week is off to a good start where ever you are and whatever you are doing.

No comments :