Monday 26 September 2016

4 Things I'm Loving This Week

MacIntosh Apples

 are being harvested locally.  Just love them as a part of a snack with a little cheese and cilantro (which proves I will eat cilantro with anything).


This book,

 the 2012 Giller Prize winner, 419 by Will Ferguson.




  Another book that has been on my list for awhile and finally I got my turn to read it.  I guess most people have heard of the scams where you are offered a share of a large sum of money in exchange for helping someone transfer it out of a foreign country.  These schemes are tagged 4-1-9 named after the former section of the Nigerian Criminal Code. This book takes you into the life of the person getting scammed in Canada and the people who are orchestrating it in Nigeria.   I am enjoying the scenes in Nigeria so much I'm skipping other sections and reading my way through Amina's story.  Wonderful descriptions.

Fresh eggs

 Son-in-law has had real success with his chickens laying.  They are averaging three eggs a day from the four chickens.  They have been adding fresh green vegetables to their diet which the chickens love, and this is turning their egg shells browner.


They must be happy chickens especially with such a good diet.



The Hydrangeas

How pink those hydrangeas are turning.  So pretty in the early evening light.  I think I am in love with them.


They are definitely going out in a rosy glory.



And this is not a thing per se but I'll add it anyway

More Time

This week is the first without obligations for me back at the old house.  I can concentrate all my efforts and energies on this house and my hobbies.  And hopefully get that little sewing room completely organized.  Looking forward to browsing this book and thinking of something autumy to do.  That cover piece certainly has all the glorious fall colours.  And I do love pumpkins.  



I'll be busy this morning reading some blogs and checking out autumn patterns.  Happy Monday!

1 comment :

Lorraine said...

Apples and cheese are perfect for this time of year. Lucky you to get fresh eggs.