Thursday 9 June 2016

Thursday This and That


And in an instant it seems my big window view is all soft greens again.




And the hosta ring around the birch tree makes its magical reappearance.



June is really such a lovely month here in Canada.  Everything is green outside and the trees have leafed.  Nests galore all over with birds singing, the music of the natural world.  Don't take my word for it.  Listen to this male cardinal sing his heart out and tell me this is not music.


And inside finally my turn with this library book.

 I am deep into this book, A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler.  Abby, the main character, echoes so many of my own thoughts; it is like we are the same person.  Funny about that...we always think we are unique, not in a pompous way, but in the way that no one else could be crazy enough to think these crazy thoughts. Then you read a book with all those thoughts written down and you know you are not unique at all.  Does that make any sense?


Anne Tyler is the Pulitzer Prize winning author of a book called Breathing Lessons.  I think I've mentioned before that it is one of the few books I've read more than once, I loved it so much.


And a great summer time dessert....

I wrote  This Post about my version of classic crepes and here is one way I served them- with fruit and whipped cream.

                


Crepes are really easy to make.
From the folks at Tasty comes this video of four different ways to serve crepes that I thought you might like to see.


Tasty is right!

No comments :