Thursday 2 June 2016

Dressing This Body For Summer Heat

So just like that, the winter woolies and fleecies and down and all the other warm stuff are now boxed  and put away for another season. I had to root around to find the summer stuff.
 Looking through it, I can't believe some of the things I've hung on to.
 I have a little problem with spillage while I'm eating.  Honestly, I can't even eat an apple without getting it all over myself.  Same thing goes with coffee according to how many of the summer t-shirts have spots that I'm pretty sure are coffee stains.
 I must have kept them on hand for garden wear or something.
Anyway, it is a motley crew of clothes; my few so-called good items are just okay.  I'm faced with having to find some new things at a time when I've sprouted little bulges here and there waist wise.  Yikes.
It seems I'm a little out of practice clothes shopping; all my purchases for ages have been needlework related or fabric.  First I turned to the internet.  Love dresses and skirts but a lot I see online look like this...

Image result for casual dresses for summer 2014

which would be so great if my body was suddenly a dead ringer for Sofia Vergara's.

First of, I'm not comfortable with completely sleeveless, lower necklines,  pencil skirts, or shorter hemlines.  But I don't feel ready for Prairie Dresses or Adaptive Clothing or Senior Ladies clothes just yet. (Not that there is anything wrong with any of those clothes, mind you.)
Type 'Senior Lady clothes' into Google and you will know what I'm talking about.  But where to find slightly trendy, comfortable, and cool( as in less warm) clothes for the older woman.

Alyson Fanger dresses these two stars on Grace and Frankie.

Grace And Frankie by Manhattan Wardrobe Supply

Grace and Frankie by Manhattan Wardrobe Supply

That's her in the small frame there.  Classic or Bohemian. I think my tastes run somewhere in the middle of these two decidedly different types of fashion.  Though it is nice to see women over 70 on t.v. and both being clothed to suite their unique personalities.  I'd like to be able to pick and choose from both their wardrobes actually.  If only I could call up Alyson and say hey pick me out a few new summer things will you; now wouldn't that be nice.

Anyway, while tank tops are out and we've already had sweltering heat, maybe it is going to be the season of the caftan for me.  Something loose and airy but drapes well ...code for hides the rolls.  Though I really can't see myself wearing those into The Country Store in the little nearby town.
 I would get looks.

Thoughts, anyone??

No comments :