Friday 13 May 2016

Strawberry Fields Forever: Found!

I told you in this post how I was looking for a special pattern, Strawberry Fields Forever, a discontinued pattern by Blackbird Designs.  It is increasingly difficult to find and when found on ebay for example, it cost a fortune.  I had the good luck on one of my usual checks of ebay to find it listed once again.  I looked it up with trepidation that it would be costing a fortune.  I've seen it for as high as $65 !!!

No it was listed for $9.95 but it still had two days to go before the end of the auction.  I figured at the end it would climb.  I followed along and found only one other bid happening on it.  I made a point of staying awake till 12 midnight to be sure I got what was the final bid...$15.50.  I was so happy.  And here it is in my hot little mitts.



For those of you still looking for this pattern the good folks at Beach Cottage Stitchers say they have it in stock again!


The design includes the conversion from Gentle Arts Sampler Threads and Weeks Dye Works to the trusty DMC which is handy for me.  It is meant to be worked on 32 count Confederate Gray by Weeks Dye Works.  Haven't a clue where to get that.  

This will be my first primitive style cross stitch project and certainly my first on 32 count linen.

Now you know me as a 'one at a time' cross stitch project person, so I really must finish my Floral Bouquet before this one gets prepared. Though I am sorely tempted, as one of my grandmothers would say!
 Speaking of Floral Bouquet...here is a little update.



Before I leave you for the weekend, I must tell you about this cookbook I found. How fitting that I am ogling desserts just after writing about muffin tops.  But honestly, this is for Hubby.  Thankfully my sweet tooth is almost nonexistent. Truly

 The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Dessert Cookbook, published in 2013 and what a beautiful book.  Lovely photos by Paulette Tavormina and 100 recipes divided by the four seasons, as old time baking once was.  Lots of recipes I'd like to try.  This is my library copy but I will be looking for it online to purchase.





See more of Paulette's stunning work by clicking here.  A true feast for the eyes.




Hope there is something stunning in your weekend!

No comments :