Friday 6 May 2016

One Third of a Flimsy, Nana Update and The Girl on the Train

On its way to being a flimsy....



I haven't had as much time lately to get my Farmer's Wife blocks sashed and sewn together. I had hoped it would be further along...like done!  But no,

 I'm working on it in thirds to make it manageable and now have one section completed. You may remember I had the blocks sewn in long rows; they proved too unwieldy  for me to get the sashes to even up. I had to unsew and reconfigure them into blocks of four.  That was much better.
 I'm pleased with how it is looking.

Getting close up and personal with each block again has been interesting.  I've now trimmed any excess fabric, added a reinforcing stitch here and there; and eased a corner or two. My stitches are holding up which is a relief.

As you know, three days a week I look after my littler grandson.  His favourite new word at the moment is 'octopus'.  As much as he loves games with me, he is also good at amusing himself.


Isn't this so typical of kids...dump all the toys out of the box and then play in the box.


Daughter has started a tiny indoor garden so he can see things grow.  I love this idea.


This weekend, I'm hoping to start some seeds myself ...finally.

And after over a year with my name on the waiting list, I finally received notice that this book was waiting for me at the library.


There has been so much hype about The Girl On The Train which makes me a little leery but several of my friends did enjoy it very much.
  I'm looking forward to getting it started this weekend to find out for myself what the fuss was about.

Hope there is something you are looking forward to in your weekend.

No comments :