Friday 29 January 2016

When Your Brain Doesn't Know What It Wants

Do you ever have a time when you are craving a food but not sure what it is?

  I was like that on Saturday.  I let my mind run through the cupboardy things I have...salt and vinegar chips...no, beet crackers....definitely no, hemp seed bites...no,  cream crackers...maybe, I opened the fridge door and gazed long and hard; an apple....no, a piece of cheese...no, some grapes...no.  And so it went. While I munched on a couple of dried figs I got out the lemons and made myself a tall glass of lemon water.
 But my mouth was still wanting something. I even looked long and hard at the Christmas left over boxes of chocolates I keep on top of the fridge, but we have an unofficial rule that we only eat these at night after supper and with each other. Do you have food rules like that in your house?

I had a beef stew in the slow cooker so maybe it was the good smell making me want something.
I wonder if when you are hungry for some food you can't put your finger on, is it your body telling you it needs something...like more iron or protein or Vitamin K or something.  I don't know.

Saturday was a great day though despite the yearning.  I took the dogs for an extra long walk in brilliant sunshine and a sky so intensely blue it almost hurt to look at it.




Hubby has run the ski doo through the swampy area so I can now walk there. It starts to the left off the lane way and loops up at the other end with the regular trail.   Getting to walk on the swamp is fun because I get to examine trees and usually find a nest or two that I wouldn't get to see any other time of the year.



Rex loves the snow and has the wonderful multi-layered coat that helps him tolerate the cold.  Of course, when he is shedding it in the house, I don't think it is quite so wonderful.  lol

Mr. Woodpecker hanging around the feeders.  See what I mean about that blue sky.





The chickadees busy busy flitting about and that is the woodpecker's tail on the other side.


As you know I love birds...such stunning beauty!  I just had to share this with you.  Make no wonder we say "proud as a peacock".




Hope there is something proud in your weekend and that you crave for nothing.

1 comment :

NADINE said...

I really enjoyed this post, Jocelyn ! It connected with the way I'm feeling these days… We had a rather emotional December month, and we're only slowly recovering from it all. Needless to say my needles didn't touch any fabric, and I'm now turning around my projects, and pending handquilting , not knwing exactly what to do, or better : what I'd love to do ?? I guess I should Simply start some soothing, mindless handsewing :)

THANKS for the inspiration, dear (and thanks for that gorgeous white peacock, I had never seen one !)

xoxox
NADINE