Thursday 24 December 2015

Christmas Eve

A very quiet Christmas Eve here.
 Hubby is having a late snooze because he spent most of the day attaching the snow plow part to the tractor ( you can tell I understand the technical aspects of this, lol). I spent the day wrapping gifts.

The beginning- the first five...






I decided to fill stockings for the Christmas Day crowd; last count 12 people.  But instead of stockings I bought these red cloth bags being sold to raise funds for the Canada Get Fit organization and filled them. 


I think that worked out well.  Hopefully I've chosen little things that will please everyone.  They are all getting a copy of The Old Farmer's Almanac, which I myself enjoy having a look-through.


The weather today has broken all records for its unseasonable  warmth...16 degrees C.  With beautiful sunshine, it would have been a more than passable summer day.  I took the dogs for an extra long walk and didn't want to come inside; the air felt wonderful. 
The grass is turning green again.  Weird. 

I didn't have to think about food for the big day itself.  Daughter and husband are having the meal catered so none of the mothers or grandmothers or grandfathers have to  peel a potato or time a turkey.  We are to show up and sit and relax and open presents. 

                         






So hope you are having a good night whatever you are doing, celebrating or not.
 Take care and I will check in with you next week. 

No comments :