Tuesday 13 October 2015

A Little This and That

It's been a while since I've shown you my crochet work, my Granny Stripe Blanket and it has grown.  I only do one colour which is two rows a day.  I'm afraid to do more because I don't want to aggravate my sore knuckle.  For some reason crocheting seems to wake it up, whereas the sewing doesn't. So I think this is the way this is going to be from now on...babying that knuckle I mean.  But I can live with that. 



The deciduous trees are changing colours very rapidly and the leaves are also living up to one of the meanings of the word deciduous...falling down.  On the trail this morning so many leaves were falling it looked like a snow fall.  In fact I know it was a foreshadow of what is to come shortly, namely snow flakes.  Yikes

Trees to the left side of the house

I know a number of you are big pumpkin spice fans.  This site Yummly is one I subscribe to and they've collated a collection of amazing pumpkin recipes.   The link is Yummly Pumpkin Desserts 
I was interested in the one called Pumpkin Lasagna which looks like the Chocolate Lasagna dessert I make.  This particular recipe can be found at OMG Chocolate Desserts
 Vera has posted some wonderful chocolate recipes as you can imagine by the name of her blog.


                                   Pumpkin Lasagna - OMG Chocolate Desserts



Anyone starting their Christmas stitching?  Gazette 94  is offering a series of free cross stitch patterns for the wonderful Christmas Nutcrackers.  I know several people who have lovely Nutcracker collections they display each Christmas.

                                                




On a completely different note, I'm looking for a comfortable shoe to wear around the house in the winter.  I'm fed up with slippers; I find the soles come unglued or they get dirty looking too quickly.  I want something I can slip into easily (too lazy to have to struggle fitting a shoe on), something very comfortable, not too clunky, doesn't make too much noise walking on wooden floors, without much of a heel.  Am I expecting too much?  Am I the only one on such a search?  If you have any suggestions, let me know.
I've been eyeing this one...It's something called the Therafit Austin clog.  But I don't need a sole for all terrain, just around the house. LOL
Therafit Women's Austin Clog Suede

 

No comments :