Friday 25 September 2015

Fabulous Food Friday

Yesterday's post about food wasn't an accident.  Lately I've been feeling hungry all the time.  I'm not alarmed yet, because I know I go through these cycles with my appetite.  I think I've mentioned I'm a person who has never missed a meal in my life so my baseline is a healthy enough appetite.  But I've become a tad bit obsessed with food in the last two weeks...thinking about it and daydreaming about what to make.  I guess I have a food-lover's brain... instead of eating to live, I'm living to eat.

Recently I listened to an author explain how she keeps herself trim and never needs to think about cutting back.  She eats one egg and one slice of toast for breakfast, one half a ham sandwich for lunch, a salad and a piece of meat and one vegetable for supper.  An apple rounds out the day's menu.  She doesn't vary from this and finds pure joy in the freedom from having to think about food.

I have to admit I'm a bit envious because I know I could never do that.  I get too much enjoyment from just going up and down the aisles at the grocery store. I still like to take cook books to bed with me to look through and dream, and I still want to taste different foods.

 Here is one thing I've been thinking of ...this recipe went around Facebook and I added it to my favourites.  I blame it for starting my latest food obsession.  Kidding...

Heavenly Blueberries and Cream Angel Dessert

This is Heavenly Blueberry and Cream Angel Dessert from the wonderful Mel's Kitchen Cafe
 and her recipe can be found at that link.  This is angel food cake so that helps a little with the calories, but that aside, doesn't this look, well,  HEAVENLY.  There is something about trifle-like desserts that I love.  Maybe it's the whipped cream.
Maybe I'm going to have to make this recipe to get it out of my system.

Do you find you are like I am...cyclic in rise and fall of appetite?  Do you have appetite under control or give in to cravings? 

Meanwhile, here is what is on my night table this weekend.


 Diane tells the story of how they coped when her husband had a severe stroke.  I've just begun it and so far I'm enjoying it. Maybe it will captivate me enough to keep my mind off other things.

Hope you have something captivating in your weekend.

No comments :