Thursday 20 August 2015

The Doctor Said

So I finally got to see my doctor to show him my bad hand.  It didn't take long.  He jiggled my finger, felt the bump on my knuckle, held both of my hands in his while studying them and said "arthritis, I'm afraid". The osteo one caused by wear and tear and old age.  But it wasn't the knuckle bump per se that confirmed it, it was the way my pointer finger is drifting over towards the other fingers.  Apparently this is a telltale sign.  I did not know that.
There is no arthritis in my family tree so I was a little surprised.  However, I am faithfully taking the glucosamine and finding it effective. Hallelujah.  I am not in any pain except when  I lift something heavy, do repetitive  motions, try to wring out wet clothes, try to unscrew stuck jar lids.... so the bottom line is, don't do that stuff!  That's what I've got Hubby for, LOL.
Happily, I don't notice any extra soreness from an afternoon of stitching.
 Fingers of good hand crossed....

Meanwhile, pleasanter things.
 I wanted to share with you some of my fabric stash with an eye to choosing which I might use for the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt (which I'm wanting to begin so badly).

                          These floral reds have a sort of vintage feel to them, do you think?

                                           More florals...pinks and creams.

                                   I must be floral crazy...I had no idea.

                Here is a Kathy Schmitz fabric I didn't know I had and I seem to have a lot of it but it is so pretty the way it mimics back stitch embroidery.  I just love her designs.

I have lots of pretty fabric in blues and greens but I think I'm leaning toward the reds. It would definitely be a cheery colour to work with throughout the winter. Just have to check in my neutrals to see what tone on tone I might have in abundance.
 I really shouldn't buy more fabric for this project; I really really should use what I have.  If not, I risk major guilt setting in.

No comments :