Friday 3 April 2015

Easter Basket Cupcakes and Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes

This business of WIP's (works in progress) and UFO's is a serious one around the craft blogging net.  I read a very clever little post by someone who claimed to have too many UFO's to count and instead of settling in to finish any of them, proceeded to begin three more!  She says clearly I have a problem so don't comment on this post unless you are willing to send me help.
I have some news about my blue scarf, the one in horsehoe lace.  I did learn that pattern and feel pretty good about myself for that; it was actually surprisingly easy once I settled down to it and didn't try to listen to my shows while knitting.   However, after knitting about six inches or so, I realized this pattern creates a "wrong" side. That is a side with garter stitch or at least the way I knit it up it did.  Now I like garter stitch but it was not as pretty as the lace side so I stopped knitting it and raveled it back. My thinking was this: you wouldn't want to always be adjusting your scarf so just the pretty side is showing.
  Now I'm looking for a pattern that is totally reversible.  Always learning, that's me.  Sigh



This was dinner recently...tomatoes stuffed with quinoa.  I cooked the quinoa (according to the directions on the bag) and mixed in a little chopped onions and dates, salt and pepper.  I sprinkled a little cheese on top and roasted them in the oven at 350 degreees for about 30 minutes.  We had bread with a dipping sauce of basalmic vinegar and olive oil to go with it.  All so simple and it was tasty and filling.  I liked how easy and tidy this meal was; cleanup was a breeze.

Daughter made these Easter basket cupcakes to bring to work and Hubby got a few as a treat.  He loved the red licorice 'handles'.


                                                               Aren't they cute?


No comments :