Monday 16 March 2015

Kathy Schmitz .. Embroidery Designs Both Nostalgic and Sweet


What a find when I came across an embroidered autumn wall hanging with a design I immediately loved. Then when I checked out the designer I discovered I loved all her work.  I've said before how much I love the combination of embroidery and quilting and Kathy Schmitz's patterns lend themselves to just that.
 When you check out her web site you'll see she has ideas and kits for everything from tiny projects to full sized quilts.
http://www.kathyschmitz.com/

 I love the block of the month choices and her alphabet monograms are splendid.   You can purchase directly from that site as well as get links to her newsletter and blog.  On the blog is a cache of free patterns; well worth checking out.



A sweet Jack Frost!

Kathy has designed a garden-themed fabric for Moda which she shows in this video, plus you can get a good look at some of her embroidered pieces on this Youtube video. 
HERE



Her snowman design which is simple and nostalgic; I love the birds in this picture.





No comments :