Thursday 12 March 2015

Instant Breakfast and the Dreaded Unsewing

I overnighted at daughter's recently and she had made me breakfast the night before and had it ready for me in the fridge.  I had never tried this before and loved it.  Now that she is back to work she is busy thinking of ways to be prepared for meals and is happy she gave this one a try.  Healthy breakfast on the run which really can be eaten anytime.  It is one of the favourites circling  Pinterest.




What she mixed together in a small Mason jar was:
 a container of vanilla Greek yogurt
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp. chia seeds
We added blueberries and chopped strawberries in the morning.
 I was unsure how the oatmeal would taste with not being cooked but it was fine.  This mixture blended together in a pleasing way and in fact, I enjoyed the silky texture that it had acquired.
 The beauty of this is you can add whatever you want....flax seeds, or any kind of berries or fruit.  I'm curious if my Red River cereal would work; I'll have to give it a try.

Meanwhile my wren nest is starting to take shape.  I know I've made a counting error on the right side and I will have to do the dreaded 'unsewing' eventually. One of the twigs sticking out was one square too low which in itself would not be too bad but it meant I put all the others one count off also.
 I debated leaving it but I know whenever I see it I would think of it so I will fix it.



No comments :