Wednesday 4 February 2015

"I Just Want to Go Home and Knit"

So many of us identify with this quote, if not knit, then to embroider, quilt, crochet, etc. But I know I'm thinking about all things wool these days.


                                                        
 I guess the cold weather is to blame for that; it makes a person want to wrap yourself in something warm and cozy and wool is just that thing. Here are my legs wrapped in the afghan I crocheted last year.  It's early morning and I'm waiting for the house to warm up.



It also makes me want to work in wool. Last night I surveyed a number of crochet and knitting sites wondering if a pattern would jump out at me.  And yes, one did.  It is called Mistake Rib Scarf and I found it at wonderful The Purl Bee.  Of course, the appeal of this is also the gorgeous wool used, Mulberry Merino.

http://www.purlbee.com/



I've earmarked this one for now.
That's mostly because I have two UFO's on the go at the moment....my Shiny and Brite hanging and another embroidery that I will show you soon.  At least I've finally learned to organize them properly.  I like these clear plastic boxes I bought at the dollar store for that. It makes me feel I'm in control still.



And yes, I do have a couple of other boxes down in the basement.






No comments :