Wednesday 21 January 2015

I Made Rock Recipe's Lemon Velvet Cake

I bought a bag of lemons to use in cooking...caesar salad, Greek potatoes, other dressings and to flavour my water.  I love the taste of real squeezed lemon juice and believe there is goodness in it too.  I was looking through one of my favourite blogs... Rock Recipes by Barry C. Parsons and came across his beautiful Lemon Velvet Cake and thought, I have lemons; I can make this.  Cake for dessert after Sunday night's roasted pork dinner.  Yum.




I decided to divide the batter between three shallow pans to make a three layer cake.  With an icing that includes 8 cups of icing sugar and a block of real butter, I knew there would be lots to cover three layers.


                                                     
                                                              That's a lot of icing!








I try not to over bake cookies and cake.  So while the tops are a little pale, I was happy to see the bottoms a nice baked brown.





Yes, lots of icing to cover this cake, that's for sure.  With the lemon essence and extra lemon zest, it is definitely lemony.  A nice change from the Christmas fruit cakes.  It looked summery to me, a nice thought in mid- January, for sure.




 It really is a delicious recipe and Barry's site is well worth exploring.  All his recipes are doable and his photos are spectacular.  Here is the link right to his Lemon Velvet Cake...

http://www.rockrecipes.com/lemon-velvet-cake/

1 comment :

Reginakrishnan said...

This Lemon Velvet Cake from Rock Recipes sounds like a delightful treat, especially with your personal touch of dividing the batter into three layers. The dedication to real squeezed lemon juice for various dishes and this lemony dessert adds a refreshing and tangy twist to your culinary endeavors. The generous icing with 8 cups of icing sugar and real butter surely makes it an indulgent delight. Your decision to make it a three-layer cake adds to its visual appeal, making it a perfect Sunday night dessert after a roasted pork dinner. Thanks for sharing your delicious experience and the recommendation for Barry's fantastic recipes! For more details, visit Baking Institute In Chennai