Thursday 22 January 2015

Helen Stubbings' Stunning Cornelian Quilt

I was looking around my favourite needlework sites and came across this quilt.
 Love at first sight.  I just had to show it to you but perhaps you already know about it.  In fact, I think I am the last to know about this Cornelian Quilt because I can see postings about it going back to 2013.


 

It is the pattern and handiwork of Helen Stubbings, an Australian designer and owner of the Hugs and Kisses site on the net.  http://www.hugsnkisses.net/  This is a great site with lots to explore.  I love the stitcheries section and the BOM projects.  Helen draws sweet flowers, birds and people and often includes lovely quotes in her work.

She also has a blog called Nice People Nice Things that is interesting to check out, too.   https://npnt.wordpress.com/

But back to Helen's beautiful Cornelian Quilt.  The project is offered as a 10 month Block of the Month quilt or you can purchase it as a full set.  It includes extensive instructions including iron-on transfers and colour photos.  Though this quilt looks complicated, people who have done it say it is not. Each block is embroidered using basic stitches and of course so much of the lavish effect is through the quilting.
 Look above at how beautifully Helen's has been quilted.



Around the net, some have completed this project in blues, equally stunning.
  I'm drooling about this but cautioning myself ...too many projects, not enough time.

No comments :