Monday 29 December 2014

My Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 and Me

So my sewing machine search ended with finding such a great buy on one that had made my short list....the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960.  Such a fancy name, a little like what I think a hair dresser might call themselves,and believe me, it won't be sitting in very fancy surroundings. As I've said, my sewing room is in the unfinished basement.


Here I am about to unbox said machine.  It will be interesting to find out if this is what it's cracked up to be.

Highlights of its features include

  600 stitches...what do I need that many for?  I haven't a clue, but those for patchwork and applique and embroidery might be fun to explore.
  5 different fonts for embroidering alphabets
computerized with LCD lights (and a warning that in certain European countries, it might interfere with television or radio transmittance...eek).  This feature will be completely new to me.
 I am excited about the automatic needle threader and the automatic thread cutters.  And of course, I can't wait to try out its quilting abilities.
I've just begun to read the 100plus page manual and will check back with Youtube to view the excellent videos people have posted about this machine.
Overall, though, it seems I have my work cut out for me. Not complaining, it will be happy work.

No comments :