Monday 16 June 2014

Block For Winter in Summer

Rain for three days made a skinny river of our little creek.  I worried about my morning glory and sunflower plants, at three or four inches tall they could be vulnerable to heaps of water raining down on them several times a day for several days.  But no, they stayed strong, uncowed and proudly as perky as before which I was happy to see.  However, some small insect is having its way with the morning glory leaves; they are being chewed here and there but the sunflower leaves are untouched.  I guess in nature, everything is food for something else at some point.  There is no getting around that idea, as much as I don't want to acknowledge it. 


It is a large one as well and it includes the W and the X.  I did take the time to get a few close-ups of this wonderful design.


As you can see I still have a few finishing touches to do...some French knots here and there. 
I'm not sure if you tell from the photo but the snow on the branches is worked in chain stitch which does give them a rather snowy look; some people have used buttons for the red berries and added some holly leaves to give it a more Christmasy look. 

No comments :