Saturday 26 April 2014

To Montreal and Back

Remember when I told you about buying tickets for a little journey; well the last two days I was gone on that journey.  I did not mention I was leaving because I thought I would get to write to you while away.  However, it didn't work out that way because once there we decided to have a wi-fi free two days.  But I did think of you and this blog a lot. 
The trip was to Montreal and back with my grandson and his grandfather.  Montreal is our second favourite Canadian city and holds a sentimental place for me as I did live there while attending university and loved every minute of it.  It is a unique place with lots of ethnic cuisine, people of many cultures all together with the French and English. In particular, I always notice the women when I'm there.  They have such a notable style and wear beautiful clothes all with casual elegance.  I don't notice this in any other city I visit, and while there are stylish women in downtown Ottawa, it is not the same as the ladies of Montreal. This visit was no exception.  To suit the cool temperatures, so many women were suavely dressed in shawls and high boots, trailing long scarves and heavenly scents.    
We made the trip over and back on Via Rail. What is it about trains that we love.  It is such a genteel, relaxed way to travel, I just don't understand why it is not more popular.  Grandson loved every minute of the rides to and from, as I have to admit I did myself as well.
It was a great little break, my first in almost a year.

No comments :