Friday 21 February 2014

Treasuring Time with Grandson






"You are the bows from which your children

 As living arrows are sent forth."

                        Kahlil Gibran



                                                                                         Grandson In His Panda Bear Mask            
                                                                                         and Headphones Playing On His IPad

We have made scrambled eggs, played zombie hide and seek (which it turns out Nana is scarily good at), found Sonic on every page in his Where's Sonic? book, and jumped around to the video of What Does the Fox Say.  We also watched the Olympic hockey game of the U.S. versus Canada and cheered when Canada won.  I am ridiculously happy that Grandson still wants to play with me when I occasionally have to spend the day with him babysitting (or kid-sitting, as he's asked me to call it).  I know I'm in a somewhat time-limited relationship with him.  He is nine now, such a sweet age just before adolescence will no doubt mean Nana will be relegated to a back seat if not completely designated chopped liver. No doubt whatever his generation will be into will take him away from his Nana.  Hopefully, I will have a few more years to treasure his company before that happens.  Of course, I will always be here waiting to fulfill whatever role in his life he will want me to. That is a given.

No comments :