Tuesday 3 December 2013

Finding an Angel and the Bright SIde

Here is my angel tree top.  She is lovely with real feather wings, and hair that can be brushed.  I found her in a consignment shop in a box marked Montreal, Quebec.  I don't know if that means she was made there, bought there or just conveniently placed in this box that suited her size.  Her hands do not touch as if something originally had been placed between them.  She is in wonderful condition, not a mark on her and her tulle and lace dress is pristine.  I'm very happy with her, as you can tell.
I don't know about you, but I have started my Christmas shopping.  I have been determined to find presents for everyone and try to stay away from buying gift certificates.  Opening a gift just seems more fun to me somehow. 
I understand for some Christmas is not a happy time; recollections of sad or bad times or even memories of those gone or far away intrude and make celebrating difficult.  For myself, I do live far away from my parents and siblings and I have no idea when we will all be together again for a Christmas. That is a sad thought for me.  However, I remind myself that I am so fortunate to live near my children and grandchildren and will enjoy seeing them open their gifts from me. 

No comments :